PMSSS Scholarship 2023 :- The Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme, or PMSSS for short, is a financial opportunity made available by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE JK Scholarship 2023, or PMSSS 2023, is another name for it.
The mission of PMSSS is to provide students in Ladakh and the Jammu & Kashmir regions with financial aid. A detailed description of PMSSS can be found in this article. Read up on the specifics of the application process, rewards, seat matrices, and course eligibility.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – An Overview
|Name of the Scholarship||Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme – PMSSS|
|Provider||All India Council for Technical Education – AICTE|
Deadline : 30-06-2023
Award : Collateral free loan amount of up to INR 30 Lakh and more
Lateral Entry For Diploma
|Awards||Up to INR 3,00,000|
|States||Jammu and Kashmir & Ladakh|
What is PMSSS Scholarship 2023?
The Jammu & Kashmir Government offers the PM Special Scholarship Scheme to help students from these areas enrol in undergraduate programmes in universities outside of the Union Territories. Only students who graduated from Class 12 in the academic years 2020–2021 and 2021–2022 from the Jammu and Kashmir Board or the Jammu CBSE Board are eligible to apply for the scholarship this year. Academic fees and maintenance costs will be covered for the scholarship recipients.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Courses List
The Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) 2023 offers a variety of courses. Under this programme, candidates can select their favourite courses from the general, professional, and medical streams.
General Stream – B.A./B.Com./B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hon.)/ BBA/BCA etc. Professional courses – B.E./B.Tech. / B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing). Medical Streams – MBBS / B.D.S./BAMS and Allied Medicinal Courses
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to apply for the PMSSS must first meet the requirements. A student is not eligible to apply for the scholarship if they do not meet any of the PMSSS eligibility requirements listed below.
- The students must be citizens of the Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh Union Territories.
- Students that pass national level exams like NEET, JEE, CLAT, etc. are also qualified to submit an application.
- The kids must have graduated from J&K Board or CBSE-affiliated schools in the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh after completing class 12.
- For admission to the second year of registration, students must have received their 10+3 diploma from the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh Polytechnic. The scheduling of the counselling will depend on the number of open seats in the Engineering category for the batch 2020–21 in the institutions on the prescribed list from the previous academic year.
- The J&K and Ladakh UTs will adhere to the reservation policy.
- A student’s family’s annual income should not exceed Rs. 8 lakh.
- Students must meet the institution’s or university’s minimum age requirement and other requirements.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Non-Eligible Candidates
Candidates will be disqualified from the PM special scholarship programme if they fall into one of the criteria listed below.
- Students who did not submit an online application through the AICTE Portal
- Everyone who is enrolled in a course at the Open University
- students who have enrolled in institutions other than those specified
- Additionally, those pupils who skipped the counselling session
- Candidates who receive benefits from any other government or non-government programme
- those pupils who were admitted to the programme under the management quota
- the pupils who are enrolled through NGOs or agents
- Every student who has enrolled in an institution except those who are in the AICTE Portal
- the students enrolled in any postgraduate or diploma programme.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Key Dates
The PMSSS Scholarship 2023 application deadline has not yet been announced.
Note: The tentative deadline for PMSSS scholarship applications is between June and August.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – AICTE JK Scholarship Awards
Based on the number of seats and streams available, academic fees and maintenance fees are distributed among the students. Through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) option, AICTE directly deposits the academic fee into the students’ savings accounts. In addition, the maintenance charge, which is roughly INR 1 lakh, is regularly divided into ten equal payments for the students. Hostel, mess, book costs, and other miscellaneous costs are included in the maintenance costs.
2,070 financial aid
Up to INR 30,000 in prizes
Professional degree in engineering, nursing, pharmacy, agriculture, or HMCT
There are 2,830 awards.
Up to INR 1,25,000 in awards
Degree in medicine: MBBS, BDS, BAMS, or BHMS
$5,000 in awards
Up to INR 3,000 award
Note : Even if the institute’s total fees exceed the academic fee cap, the AICTE or the institute will not give the students a refund for the excess money.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Seat Matrix
According to Central Government regulations, pupils who qualify as physically disabled (PwD) are given a 3% horizontal reservation. The seating chart for students in other categories is listed below.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – How to Apply?
By completing the online registration form for the Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme 2023 on the program’s official website, all qualified applicants may submit an application. Take the quick actions listed below.
- Check out the AICTE website.
- Press the ‘PMSSS 2023-23 Registration’ tab.
- On the ’12th Registration (2022-23)’ tab, click.
- Enter the necessary information, then select Register.
- After registering, log in with your email address and password.
- Complete the form, upload the necessary files, and submit it.