Digital India Internship Scheme 2023 :- For Indian students enrolled in specific degree programmes, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of the Government of India has announced an internship programme. With the help of a knowledgeable and experienced supervisor/mentor, this programme offers students the chance to get real-world work experience. By experimenting and applying the knowledge learned in the classroom, students are encouraged to actively engage in the learning process.
Indian students from accredited universities who received at least 60% in their most recent degree or certificate exams are eligible for the internship programme. Programmes in computer science & engineering (CSE), computer science (CS), information technology (IT), electronics & communications (EC), and electronics/electrical are among those that are eligible. The M.Sc. in Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics/Electrical, MCA/DOEACC ‘B’ level, BA in Economics (H), B.Com (H)/M.Com, MBA in Finance/International Business, and LL.B# programmes are also acceptable.
Digital India Internship Scheme 2023 Benefits & Salary
- When an intern performs satisfactorily and is duly acknowledged by his supervisor or mentor, a token stipend of Rs. 10,000 will be granted each month.
- After the interns have finished their internships and submitted reports that have been properly countersigned and approved by the Competent Authority, certificates will be given out by the Ministry.
Digital India Internship Scheme 2023 Eligibility
Indian university students pursuing the following degrees from accredited Indian universities who obtained at least 60% in the most recent degree or diploma examination:
- B.E., B.Tech., M.E., M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)/Computer Science (CS)/IT/ Electronics & Communications (EC)/Electrical/Electronics/)
- ‘B’ level MCA/DOEACC
- BA (Economics (H))
- M.Sc. (CS/IT/ Electronics/ Electrical)
- B.Com (H)/M.Com.
- # MBA (Finance/International Business)
Note-1: The internship will not be available to students who are in their last semester or who will graduate in the summer of 2022. Only students from the previous academic year will be permitted.
Note-2: Only internships in the “Measurement of Digital Economy(DE)/G20 DE Measurement framework” field will be considered for BA (Economics (H)), BCom (H), M. Com., and MBA (Finance, International Business) students.
Note-3: Only internship opportunities in the field of “Cyber Laws” for LL.B students will be considered. Three positions are reserved for students with technical degrees and three positions are reserved for students with economics degrees for an internship in the area of the National Language Translation Mission. This category would include the following degrees:
- Economics-related degrees include B.Sc., B.A., B.Com., OR
- B.E., B.Tech., MCA, and MBA.
- The relevant organisations, groups, and divisions will shortlist and choose the interns for the relevant field.
- If deemed necessary, interviews with potential interns may be conducted in person or via Skype. Candidates will not be compensated in any way for attending the personal interview.
- The web portal would show a list of the chosen candidates.
Digital India Internship Scheme 2023 Placement
- Every batch of interns, or individual intern, depending on the situation, shall have a Ministry-designated Scientific/Technical Project Supervisor/Mentor.
- (The internship is not a job offer from the Ministry, nor is it a guarantee of one.
Digital India Internship Scheme 2023 Certificate of Internship
The Ministry will award certificates to interns upon completion of their internships and submission of reports that have been properly countersigned and approved by the Competent Authority.
How to Apply Online For Digital India Internship Scheme 2023?
- 1. To apply for an internship, go to URL http://meity.gov.in/schemes and select the “Digital India Internship Scheme” option.
- 2. In the event that you are not already registered, register as an applicant.
- 3. Log in or select Apply for Service.
- 4. Click on Submit after entering the provided User Name, Password, and Captcha code.
- 5. After logging in, select Apply for services from the left menu, followed by View services.
- 6. Click ‘Apply’.
Digital India Internship Scheme 2023 Documents Required
- 1. Recommendation Message from the institution the applicant is presently attending that is the sponsoring or forwarding institution.
- 2. A letter from the institute stating the conversion formula is required when marks for pursuing a degree are obtained in CGPA.
- 3. Digital signature with passport-size photo in png or jpg format.
Digital India Internship Scheme 2023 Notification PDF & Apply Online Form Link
Digital India Internship Scheme 2023 FAQ
What is the Internship’s Minimum Duration?
The internship must last a minimum of two months, but it may be extended to three months based on the candidate’s performance, the Ministry’s needs, and how much time the intern is prepared to devote to the Ministry.
Where will the internship be located?
In New Delhi, the internship will be available.
How Much Scholarship You Get with this scheme?
When an intern performs satisfactorily and is duly acknowledged by his supervisor or mentor, a token stipend of Rs. 10,000 will be granted each month.